The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich was awarded The 2021 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, and it is ranked 6203rd on The Greatest Books of All Time, and I was just thinking, if I were to use AI to compile a list of my own, it might have the same position; on my blog, you have a multitude of reviews of magnum opera from The GOAT and other sites https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html

 

The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich was awarded The 2021 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, and it is ranked 6203rd on The Greatest Books of All Time, and I was just thinking, if I were to use AI to compile a list of my own, it might have the same position; on my blog, you have a multitude of reviews of magnum opera from The GOAT and other sites https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html

 

7 out of 10

 

Magister Ludi Kingsley Amis https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/the-anti-death-league-by-kingsley-amis.html said that ‘he had previously thought of the Booker as a rather trivial, showbizzy sort of caper, but now considered it a very serious, reliable indication of literary merit…’ I wonder about The Pulitzer

 

I was wondering about AI, and how it could design the lists of favorite books, food, films, etc. seeing that it (or should I use he/her/they?) already knows so much about everything, perhaps the result I had when looking for the rank of The Night Watchman, 6203 on the Greatest Books of All Time site was ‘personalized’

Looking at my previous activity, ratings, notes, the algorithm might know, better than the individual, where one item, book, film anything else is situated – there is an interview with Yuval Harari https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2024/09/21-lessons-for-21st-century-by-yuval.html in The Economist of the other week…

 

AI will take over in ten years, unless leaders do something about it, this was the conclusion, and in this, he agrees with Musk, although there are major differences between the two; one way in which AI could help, or indeed, it does already, would be to predict what the impact of one book or another would be on the reader.

One amusing alternative would be to check with Belles Lettres Papers, to see if the author is on the definitive list of the Twenty-Five Best American Writers https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/07/the-belles-lettres-papers-by-charles.html or one of the others, and then decide if he, maybe they want to take on the oeuvre

 

I use the criteria from Flow, and then think of Schopenhauer: ‘One can never read too little of bad, or too much of good books: bad books are intellectual poison; they destroy the mind.” Which is not to say that The Night Watchman is bad, not in general, notwithstanding that, it does not work for the under signed, there is no connection

The conditions of Flow https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/flow-by-mihaly-csikszentmihalyi.html must be checked if one is to get to Maximum Experience – being in control, nothing else matters, it is an autotelic experience, there are clear, meaningful goals, feedback is constant and instant, one is between burnout and boredom…

 

Time is relative, just as Einstein has explained and demonstrated…only in situations like this, when the reader is not ecstatic, boredom or burnout appear, time seems wasted, and then we have to remember Seneca https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/07/despre-viata-fericita-aka-on-happy-life.html and his command ‘do not waste time, it is the most valuable possession’

 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin