Melania si Ceilalti or Melania and The Others by Alex Stefanescu – a book that does not exist on The Greatest Books of All Time site…I have developed a habit of searching for what I read on the GOAT, sometimes the results are appalling because a great work is at the bottom, or worse, and then there are amusing surprises…for more reviews, you could visit my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html and/or YouTube channel
Melania si
Ceilalti or Melania and The Others by Alex Stefanescu – a book that does not
exist on The Greatest Books of All Time site…I have developed a habit of
searching for what I read on the GOAT, sometimes the results are appalling because a great work is at the
bottom, or worse, and then there are amusing surprises…for more reviews, you
could visit my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html and/or YouTube channel
8 out of 10
George
Constatin https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/09/vassa-zheleznova-by-maxim-gorky-is-not.html was the best thespian I have seen,
better than Jack Nicholson, though this would only be in my book, and his
presence in this play makes it more than worthwhile, the segments where he
talks are fantastic…
This was a
version for the National Radio, in which he plays the upset, disturbed husband of
Marta, Titi Enachescu, the latter had been trapped in an elevator with this
stranger, Paul Stanciu, and she avoids telling the spouse about their intimacy,
he is already angry because she had been late, but then he finds about the man…
When I
looked for Melania, what do you think came up? Melania, the book by that wretched
person, one that I somehow pity – Milan Kundera https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/07/the-unbearable-lightness-of-being-9-out.html emphasizes the difference between
pity and compassion, you feel superior in the first case
When Melania
Enachescu and Stanciu Paul are trapped in the elevator, two thieves pass by,
and then the police (called militia during the communist regime, an oppressive
arm of the tyranny) come to ask questions, and Titi is suspicious, because his
wife had told him she was alone in the lift, then there was a man…
Now some
thieves are part of the story, he even thinks she might have stolen something –
she is, in her turn, hurt and insulted, so makes up this story for her
mother-in-law: Titi does not want to get anywhere, so I have a lover and the
place we found was in…the elevator, we do not have the means, thus we now
steal!
https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/games-people-play-by-eric-berne.html Games People Play by Eric Berne is a
classic of psychology and I wonder where this scheme would fall, the most
played is If It Weren’t For You, spouses accuse their partners of preventing
them from succeeding, when in fact, they choose to have an escape goat
“Angel by Elizabeth
Taylor is a powerful story, with triumphant narrative skill, a wonderful eye
and unfailing humor, though not of the 'robust' nor of the ‘savage' variety,
often delightfully catty. But importance is not important. Good writing is.’
This is a quote from Kingsley Amis and I was thinking about it
https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/07/angel-by-elizabeth-taylor-10-out-of-10.html Melania by the wife of the orange
monster has 20,000 ratings, 2,000 reviews, and it was an instant bestseller,
while Melania by Alex Stefanescu (now) has three ratings, and one review on Goodreads,
multiple Booker, Pulitzer Prize winners are neglected, while a nonsense oeuvre
is appreciated
Comentarii
Trimiteți un comentariu