Vassa Zheleznova by Maxim Gorky is not a formidable play, if you ask me, but the performance of George Constantin as Prokhor Khrapov is magnetic, pure magic – you have thousands of reviews of magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other web pages on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html and YouTube channel, my macaws are the stars of that channel 12 out of 10 for George Constantin, but only 7 out of 10 for the play
Vassa
Zheleznova by Maxim Gorky is not a formidable play, if you ask me, but the
performance of George Constantin as Prokhor Khrapov is magnetic, pure magic –
you have thousands of reviews of magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All
Time and other web pages on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html and YouTube channel, my macaws are
the stars of that channel
12 out of 10
for George Constantin, but only 7 out of 10 for the play
I have not
been elated by Mother https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/mother-by-maxim-gorky-nine-out-of-10.html the work by Maxim Gorky which has
been included on the 1,000 Novels Everyone Must Read list, and I was under the
impression that the author has collaborated with the Soviet regime to some
extent
I wonder
where this work would be in one of the new book clubs; there is an article in
The Economist of May 7 to 14 about these outfits, Dua Lipa appears to be not
just a musician, singer, but an influential reader, should I say critic as
well, she talked at The Booker Prize ceremony, interviewed one winner and has
followers
She is not
the only one, Reese Witherspoon, Gwyneth Paltrow had something associated with
her Goop (which sells vaginal eggs, among other outré amenities) and then there
is Oprah, of course, her club has been bought, or the rights, something, by
Amazon, and there is skepticism surrounding these beanos, though they sell
I wonder
what Magister Ludi https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/socialism-and-intellectuals-by-magister.html Kingsley Amis would say about these
developments, he joked on The Booker Prize and so much more – now about Vassa
Zheleznova, it is interesting only as a vehicle for George Constantin, the best
thespian in the world
I used to
place him on the same level with Jack Nicholson, but watching him in action in
this rather forgettable Russian work I was thinking that this is something
else: Pure Magic on a different level, this Maestro can work with anything,
make gold out of shit- well, it is not fair to Gorky, but I am just stretching
a point
This Divine
Artist combines, well, everything in his performance, there is humor, irony,
maybe the fact that he makes this abuser, Prokhor, somehow likeable would be
used by some to hit against this perspective, but this is art as Pure Joy, this
Magician took the audience to another place, Heaven would be the name
https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/07/peer-gynt-by-henrik-ibsen-calling.html there was a secret shared with the
public, a little lost when we watch him on YouTube, or television – George
Constatin was Petru Rares last night on TVR Cultural, but the black and white,
old, unrestored recording was in some ways an affront
finally,
there was another aspect, of personal interest: somebody I used to love (maybe
still do, who knows) had a role in the play, albeit a minor one, she used to
be…Miss Romania, changed my life, I do not know if for the better https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/bohemian-rhapsody-by-anthony-mccarten.html ‘one year of love is better than a
lifetime without’, to quote Queen
Comentarii
Trimiteți un comentariu