Is This Anything by Jerry Seinfeld shows up when you search for it on The Greatest Books of All Time site, although without any ranking, not even 17003rd, which is where I found Student Dima, a work that is already reviewed on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html ‘Pretentious, moi?’ seems to me to define Seinfeld

 

Is This Anything by Jerry Seinfeld shows up when you search for it on The Greatest Books of All Time site, although without any ranking, not even 17003rd, which is where I found Student Dima, a work that is already reviewed on my blog  https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html

‘Pretentious, moi?’ seems to me to define Seinfeld

8 out of 10

 

Jerry Seinfeld https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/05/the-seinfeld-scripts-by-jerry-seinfeld.html is one of the most successful comedians in the world, he may be one billion dollars’ worth – I was going to say by now, but he could have reached that figure years ago, this may explain in part his sarcasm, albeit he had been like that in the past

 

His humor is contagious, except there is an element there that I don’t find exhilarating, not that it matters, except in this corner, and even this ‘critic’ must confess that he has watched Seinfeld with pleasure, and not just once, indeed, some lines are still used here in conversation, like ‘Serenity Now!” shouted by Frank Constanza

Furthermore, a sense of humor is essential, amusement figures in the psychology classic Positivity https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/positivity-by-barbara-fredrickson-life.html by Barbara Fredrickson as part of the formula, which also has interest, awe, inspiration, hope, pride, serenity, joy, gratitude and love

 

What annoys me quite often, it surely has to do with the fact that I have heard (some of the) jokes quite a few, or many times, is what I interpret as Seinfeld’s arrogance, if one is ironic, he or she would come across as precious, pompous, even if there is quite a lot of self-deprecating in there, ergo a mix of modesty and pride might be the formula

Which brings me to my absolute favorite series, where the main character is the quintessence of the bombastic, foolish man https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/03/fawlty-towers-by-john-cleese-is-best.html it was in Fawlty Towers that I found the shortest and one of the best jokes: ‘pretentious, moi?’ which is where I place Seinfeld

 

It is part of his shtick, presumably, but it is grating at times: the wedding, Florida, dry cleaning, etc. appear to show a man who is very fussy, cannot stand, hates so many things, even if ‘it is an act’, and I get it, it is just that some of the audience, perhaps sour, or in a bad mood, inclined to be unperceptive, take this the wrong way

on the other hand, it could be the crisis which we face, what am I saying, it clearly has a huge impact, it could be that when you feel blue, in a real trauma, you shift blame on…the comedian, though there are some that I take better https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/07/hilarious-by-louis-ck.html Louis CK for instance, is the crème de la crème

 

the spouse is in an awful mood – not really, ‘in the mood’ is temporary, and we have perpetuity here, not in the sense that Umberto Eco  https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/02/the-name-of-rose-by-umberto-ecco.html used when he said “The person who doesn’t read lives only one life. The reader lives 5,000. Reading is immortality backwards.”

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin