Dark Knight written by Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer, directed by the former is The Top Rated Movie Number Three, it won two Academy Awards, including the 2009 Oscar for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role for Heath Ledger, it was a awarded posthumously…you have thousands of notes on films from The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made and other lists waiting on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html

 

Dark Knight written by Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer, directed by the former is The Top Rated Movie Number Three, it won two Academy Awards, including the 2009 Oscar for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role for Heath Ledger, it was a awarded posthumously…you have thousands of notes on films from The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made and other lists waiting on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html


 

9 out of 10

 

Christopher Nolan https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2023/12/oppenheimer-based-on-book-by-kai-bird.html might be the most important film maker of the moment, and one of the greatest of all time, which reminds me of this quote about Elizabeth Taylor, the magnificent writer, not the better-known actress:

 

‘Triumphant narrative skill, a wonderful eye and unfailing humor, though not of the 'robust' nor of the ‘savage' variety, often delightfully catty. But importance is not important. Good writing is.’ For Christopher Nolan is might be both importance and immense talent, though I must say that Batman is not my cup of tea

Ergo the nine out of ten, instead of the ten, incidentally, I was surprised, not to say flabbergasted to see that this is The Top-Rated Movie Number Three, the quote about the glorious Elizabeth Taylor was from Kingsley Amis https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/memoirs-by-kingsley-amis-author-of-take.html

 

Spoiler alert, from here on, it looks like I have nothing to add to my ‘review’ of Dark Knight, I may change my mind, but the conclusion might be that it was again last night on some film channel, and found that it kept me interested, Heath Ledger is outstanding as The Joker, for which he won the Oscar, alas, after he died

Reiterating, Marvel, Batman, spiderman, etc. belong to a universe that I avoid, thus, it might be considered ‘spectacular’, to have this Dark Knight make an impression on the under signed, albeit I would place it more on the level with Inception and Tenet, than https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/dunkirk-written-and-directed-by.html Dunkirk, never mind Oppenheimer

 

The latter is the only motion picture I have seen in a cinema in the last twenty years, the one I chose so long ago was Cold Mountain, filmed near my house in Rosenau, the scenes with the tents, then in the town nearby, with an overwhelming cast, formidable director, but in the end, such a disappointment that it took two decades to move me again

A word for Christian Bale, who is also one of the best, and he is excellent as Batman, I have admired him in so many features https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/10/the-big-short-screenplay-by-charles.html The Big Short, American Hustle, even as a child he was impressive, he started in Empire of The Sun

 

At the end, let me mention the classic on movies that I think of https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/adventures-in-screen-trade-by-william.html when I try and imagine what would William Goldman say about one or another motion picture, he has written so well in his Adventures in The Screen Trade on films  

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin