Myths by Mircea Eliade – one of the best experts in the world on The History of Faiths and Religions…you may want to check my blog for more reviews https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html and/ or the YouTube channel

 

Myths by Mircea Eliade – one of the best experts in the world on The History of Faiths and Religions…you may want to check my blog for more reviews https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html and/ or the YouTube channel

 

9 out of 10

 

Mircea Eliade https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/un-om-mare-aka-great-man-by-mircea.html was more familiar to this reader through his stories, for somehow, I had not been inclined to take on what I thought to be the massive, difficult, too technical and very likely boring History of Faiths and Religions…

 

Except this compatriot – who lived for most of his life abroad – is the ultimate expert on this subject, though he was contested the other day by one of the fellas I meet at the Club downtown – nicknamed Clyde, from Bonnie and Clyde, he pushed someone in the pool, with his spouse – a very religious individual

I was telling him that I am now listening (on YouTube) to Mircea Eliade, and my interlocutor was worse than dismissive, ‘Eliade is not a theologian’, which is less a criticism, than an admission from this man that he is rather fanatical https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/07/the-myths-of-happiness-by-sonja.html

 

From The Myths of Happiness by Sonja Lyubomirsky, we find that we think some situations, changes that we think would make us so much happier do not really work that way, in this particular case, I am amused that I thought a conversation about Eliade would be enlightening, only to find that it was more baffling

The subject of myths, religion is very attractive to the under signed, and I have been exultant to read a few oeuvres by Karen Armstrong, The Economist wrote that she is the best authority on religion, or at least that is how I remember it (probably they said one of the best) https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2024/03/a-short-history-of-myth-by-karen.html she has written a History of Myth

 

I recall from her books on the bible that in the early days, people told stories, they used allegories, when they said the earth is a few thousand years old, they did not mean that literally, ergo the Creationists do more harm to the Christian faith (and surely the fundamentalists do that to other faiths) than the atheists or other groups

Since no one reaches this far into the text, I could insert some jokes on various religions, as outré definitions connected with ‘shit’: “Buddhists is this shit real? Hedonists nothing like a good shit happening, Hindi – this shit has happened before, Stoic this shit does not bother me, protestant – shit won’t happen if I work hard enough

 

There is more, if you want, write and then I add some which may attract some ire online, I have had push back from MAGA https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/05/the-trump-tapes-by-bob-woodward-author.html due to my view of the orange Caligula that rules over them, I just learned that he has hidden in a catering truck in Turkey

 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish