Un Om Mare aka A Great Man by Mircea Eliade, the acclaimed expert on religions has written Bengali Nights, which is his highest rank work on The Greatest Books of All Time site, not that it is very relevant, I have found quite a number of outstanding chefs d’oeuvre on the ‘lowest shelves’ there – however, you have thousands of reviews of magnum opera from the aforementioned and other web pages on my blog, which I plug here https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html and my YouTube channel

 

Un Om Mare aka A Great Man by Mircea Eliade, the acclaimed expert on religions has written Bengali Nights, which is his highest rank work on The Greatest Books of All Time site, not that it is very relevant, I have found quite a number of outstanding chefs d’oeuvre on the ‘lowest shelves’ there – however, you have thousands of reviews of magnum opera from the aforementioned and other web pages on my blog, which I plug here https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html and my YouTube channel

 

8 out of 10

 

I have written a couple of reviews https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/maitreyi-by-mircea-eliade-fascination.html of works by Mircea Eliade, and it looks as if I will post a ‘series’, the plan is to listen to more of his stories, seeing as they are available on YouTube, perhaps elsewhere as well, and they are interesting

 

Mircea Eliade is one of the most important, I should put in best experts on religion, especially the Oriental ones: Bengali Nights, his best ranked oeuvre on The Greatest Books of All Time site, is based on his experience in India – indeed, I am quite awed by the fact that Nirvana, this transgression, transcendence might be explained…

Why not?

 

Maybe I get some access to levitation https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/06/fields-of-blood-and-religion-by-karen.html Karen Armstrong has been my primary, nay, only source in the ‘Field of Blood and Religion’, so, like with doctors, maybe I should get a ‘second opinion’, and Buddhism seems to be infiltrated in the short stories

I was thinking that even the hero of A Great Man, Eugen Cucoanes, is in fact an allegory, this is not just about this fellow suffering from gigantism, called Macranthropy, which is an allegorical concept where the universe is portrayed as a giant human body, in the text, this signifies something else the idea of ‘growing’

 

https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/12/the-old-man-and-bureaucrats-by-mircea.html the Great Man from the story may suffer from some disease, we think at the start, he sees doctors, but then the size becomes incredible and indeed, impossible – I am reminded of some quote from my favorite author and luminary

‘I feel as I do with Virginia Woolf, I want to keep saying 'No, he didn't', No it didn't happen as you describe it', No, that isn't what he thought, No, that's just what she didn't say’ this was Kingsley Amis criticizing Nathaniel West and his Day of The Locust, more interesting might be his total rejection of Virginia Woolf and her novels

 

https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/lucky-jim-by-kingsley-amis-author-of.html evidently, here it is not a question of accepting A Great Man as a sort of biography, there has never been a Eugen Cucoanes, who after all, grows to the height of…fifteen, maybe twenty or more meters, not one from the NBA, pure fiction this one

I think we are invited to think of religion, given that macranthropy is the ‘condition’ of the protagonist, but also what it means to be a ‘Great Man’, it is not the size that matters, although we can read in the classic Blink https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/blink-power-of-thinking-without.html about The Harding Effect

 

 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish