Jurnal by Monica Lovinescu – she was one of the most important intellectuals of our land, a courageous woman, she was a heroine, a dissident who deserves perpetual homage and one, or a few statues – you find thousands of reviews on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html

 

Jurnal by Monica Lovinescu – she was one of the most important intellectuals of our land, a courageous woman, she was a heroine, a dissident who deserves perpetual homage and one, or a few statues – you find thousands of reviews on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html

 

9 out of 10

 

Monica Lovinescu was one of the crème de la crème, the group that includes Andrei Plesu https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/07/comedii-la-portile-orientului-by-andrei.html my number one favorite – notwithstanding that, there have been some tensions there, between the two, maybe within the circle at large

 

The philosopher Andrei Plesu has tried to serve the community, just like Monica Lovinescu has done, in her role of radio host, during the days of the communist regime, she was so brave to inform the public in Romania from Germany, the offices of Radio Free Europe, just as the employees were targets of the local KGB

Andrei Plesu has decided to accept the position of Minister of Culture, and that had been severely criticized, although he helped create The Humanitas Publishing House, under the leadership of another titan of our culture  https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/strategii-ale-seductiei-aka-strategies.html

 

Monica Lovinescu lived in exile, and as aforementioned, she was the host of a ‘Radio Show’ called Thesis and Antithesis in Paris – I have listened to a podcast recently, wherein the title was explained as inspired by Camil Petrescu, a writer of considerable, if only local, success, it seems that Monica Lovinescu might have been infatuated with him

She helped her compatriots survive in the communist regime, she awas also instrumental in the revolution, I do not see happening, not when it did anyway, without Free Europe, and her support in particular, I contributed also http://realini.blogspot.com/2022/03/realini-in-newsweek-participant-in.html

 

If in a minuscule role – still, I was inspired by the ‘shows’ that were aired by that formidable institution, now I cannot help but lament – and this is where you should move on – I smile now, as I always do at these spoiler alerts, because I do not believe that goodfellas, or bad, reach this far, or at all, and then why should they?

I just checked the relation between Monica Lovinescu and another person from the same illustrious, distinguished family, Horia Lovinescu https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/the-game-of-life-and-death-in-desert-of.html was the cousin and one of his plays, The Game of Death and Life in The Desert was one of my special joys

 

 

It had very much, maybe more to do with George Constatin https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/07/peer-gynt-by-henrik-ibsen-calling.html and actor that was better than Jack Nicholson, nec plus ultra, except the latter acted in some really silly features, such as Something’s Gotta Give

 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish