Strategii ale Seductiei aka Strategies of Seduction by Gabriel Liiceanu
Strategii ale Seductiei aka Strategies of Seduction by Gabriel Liiceanu
A different version of this note and thoughts on other books are available at:
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEVa4_CsRStSBBDo4uJWT8BSWtTTn0N1E and http://realini.blogspot.ro/
Together with Andrei Plesu, Gabriel Liiceanu represents the creme de la creme.
We have no other intellectuals to compare them with.
And it is not just that, but they represent role models in other ways too.
During the recent demonstrations against the Corrupt Regime installed after the victory of the Red Plague, Gabriel Liiceanu and his friend Andrei Plesu have supported the elites standing against the thieves.
They are not too concerned with the high spheres, locked up in an Ivory Tower to be concerned about everyday life.
They wrote with genius, humor, mostly in the case of Andrei Plesu about the perils that thugs in power represent.
Their position has been inspirational and we must be grateful for these luminaries and giants of thought and ethics.
- Thank you!
Having said that, I must admit that for a few years I held if not the opposite view, at least one that rejected the position of these philosophers.
In the first place, I too was thrilled by the ship captain turned leader of the country.
But I found that he became not just embarrassing and ridiculous, but outright outrageous and evil.
For a good period, the bright thinkers could not perceive this reality.
They could have been loyal.
Maybe they just could not believe this dramatic change in the personality of someone who had seemed the best hope we have in fighting corruption, the neo communists and other plagues.
Alhamdullilah they realized that the man they admired has become a monster...
And now for something completely different- Mony Python...
I wrote about anything but the work in question.
Nevertheless, I liked it, even if to make an analysis to an analysis seems beyond my ability.
Gabriel Liiceanu writes about love as beautifully depicted in Romeo and Juliet.
And from the cynical point of view of Emil Cioran.
Emil Cioran spoke about the fusion, if this would be the right word in translation, of two salivas.
In an early stage, because rather late in life he became quite taken with a much younger woman and his skepticism has been dramatically diminished I suppose.
A character from Thomas Mann came to mind.
He was also very doubtful about love.
His opinion was that love exists only in fiction, novels.
The definition, to the end, till death do us part does not apply to humans...
Only to heroes and heroines...
You can find the book here:
Comentarii
Trimiteți un comentariu