Comedii la Portile Orientului by Andrei Plesu – in my view, Andrei Plesu is the absolute Magister Ludi, one of the greatest luminaries of all time

 

Comedii la Portile Orientului by Andrei Plesu – in my view, Andrei Plesu is the absolute Magister Ludi, one of the greatest luminaries of all time

 

10 out of 10

 

I have taken a look at Comedii la Portile Orientului https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/07/a-look-at-comedii-la-portile-orientului.html some years ago, and now that we can access this on YouTube, or at least parts of it, why not repeat the exhilaration, exuberance, this is not just a philosopher, but a comedian as well

 

The luminary has been an acclaimed public figure for decades, although I would not be surprised to ask a young person and find they do not know about him, the other day, I have asked a teenager about Funar, a far-right mayor of Cluj, despite the fact that the adolescent was from that city, she did not know about this mad man

That notwithstanding, there is a major difference, that mayor was an idiot, a precursor of the Orange Fool  https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/confidence-man-making-of-donald-trump.html given to paint park benches in the national colors, while Andrei Plesu is the nec plus ultra, crème de la crème of intellectuality

 

He has been a minister of culture, foreign affairs, trying to serve the public, only to become a target…I had a plan, that did not work alas: we had a house near the mountains, in Rosenau, and I thought that maybe we could offer hospitality, drive him around in what was then something of a limousine, when he comes to Brasov for lectures

I even talked to Vlad Zografi https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/petru-by-vlad-zografi-we-must-note-that.html about some logistical aspects, he was then a manager, I think, at Humanitas, only we had to move from Rosenau, because of corruption, stupidity: I complained at the townhall about garbage, and found I was…sued

 

The case had no merit, obviously, but by the time it was thrown out of court, the decision to leave that god damn place (otherwise beautiful, they filmed Cold Mountain there) had been taken, anyway: Comedii is just what the title promises, a jesting take on various aspects, those who recite in a crazy way, even the…weather forecast

There was a trend here to make the weather program something of a comedy – Andrei Plesu is hilarious when he points out that you have no idea what to expect, looking at the dedicated segment, since they talk about almost anything, except the weather https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/06/apr-22-groundhog-day-written-by-danny.html

 

The criticism is poignant nevertheless, the philosopher is a magisterial essayist, a qualified critic, he highlights much of what was, and still is wrong in the life here, however, when I look at America, I think we have leaders that are much better that the idiot they have elected, the address he gave the other day appears to show that he will interfere in the elections, so that he wins, even if he loses https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html

 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin