Genesis by Anonymous is the first book of The Bible, which is 21st on The Greatest Books of All Time site, clearly The Absolute Number One, nec plus ultra for billions of Christians, and millions of Jewish people, seeing as it is part of The Hebrew Bible https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html this is the address of my blog, where I have more reviews on books and films

 

Genesis by Anonymous is the first book of The Bible, which is 21st on The Greatest Books of All Time site, clearly The Absolute Number One, nec plus ultra for billions of Christians, and millions of Jewish people, seeing as it is part of The Hebrew Bible https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html this is the address of my blog, where I have more reviews on books and films

 

9 out of 10

 

Rating Genesis, writing about the bible could https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/genesis.html be blasphemous, indeed, by itself, if the point is to criticize, do anything except express awe, faith, and absolute admiration, I could be exposed to serious punishment, although there is a difference between mortal and venial sin

 

I have been reading again A Married Man and within it we have this exchange of letters between Claire, the wife of The Married Man, and a priest, she is ready to commit adultery, and then the idea of degrees of guilt is brought into the communication, The Catholic Church had changed the status of using contraception.

It had been mortal, up to some point, and then it became venial, so the woman says flood gates have been opened, maybe adultery is not mortal https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/a-married-man-by-piers-paul-read-is-as.html and then later, maybe I dare put in a few jokes on different faiths, and how they see ‘shit’

 

Genesis tells us how God has created the world, let me see if I have this right…’there was silence, then the word, God created man, and then later, from a rib of Adam there came Eve’, though I have read somewhere that the first human must have been a female, anyway, we have science with a different version of ‘evolution’

I used to be adamant, an atheist, but now that the end is ‘nigh’, I am trying to see it in a different ‘Light’, it takes pystis aka faith, it is anyway beyond my (or anybody else’s) understanding, and then there is Karen Armstrong https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2024/03/a-short-history-of-myth-by-karen.html the best expert on religion

 

She explains in her outstanding oeuvres that we must understand that when these holy books were written, people listen to stories, they used myths, allegories, we must not take the figures for the age of the earth literally, like the Creationists, terra is not just a few thousand years old, we must look for the hidden significance

Louis CK https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/07/hilarious-by-louis-ck.html on the other hand, just like Ricky Gervais and others, mocks religion, he has this segment for instance, on that story of the fig: Jesus wants some fruit from this fig tree, and because he could not get them, they were not in season, he just cursed the tree and it died

 

The comedian is talented, albeit he had to do shows in Poland, due to his misbehavior, he is back now, and maybe unapologetic (or I am confused) and even takes shots at…Auschwitz, in the sense that this horrible place tweeted, it has an account, or had when the comedy show was aired, and they have things to say…

 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin