Genesis
Genesis
I try to find the Absolute Truth and where else it could be explained if not in the bible…
In my childhood, an old woman was talking nothing but the Holy Scriptures to my sister and me.
If she is a believer, in my case this over exposure has somehow burnt the feeble interest in the stories of the bible.
For most of the time I have been not just an atheist, but one who enjoyed mocking various religious <<misconceptions>> - as I saw them.
I had great fun watching Religulous and comedians poking fun at Christian texts.
I did not turn around.
Not yet, but I try to see the light, be good, stop lying and try compassion for a change,
The highest expectation comes from a different approach-
Instead of finding holes in the story of creation, which could not possibly take place a few thousand years ago, as fundamentalists maintain- I try to use a spiritual reading.
Go beyond the literal sense and see the paradise as possible here and now.
Not in Eden as a place somewhere near Somalia.
But within me.
God will be an entity that goes way beyond my understanding.
Which works very well indeed…
There are so many things that I fail to grasp, that it would make sense for Being to be responsible for all these perfect creations.
Up to now I have insisted on the failure of God to show up when a child is killed, or in the concentration camps of the Holocaust.
Or perhaps in the death camps of the Soviet Union, China or the Khmer Rouge.
But again, it is incomprehensible, but it cannot be used as an argument- therefore He does not exist.
In fact, I now prefer the other statement, I forgot who said it:
- The idea of God is so powerful, wonderful and magnificent that He must exist
I think Louis Ck may have touched on the subject of Abraham and the request that God made:
- You need to kill your son
How can a merciful God ask such a thing? Louis CK makes an argument spiced with black and perhaps blasphemous humor.
I still do not know why God asked such a thing.
But then he did not let Abraham kill.
In the last moment, all was well.
Ricky Gervais is another comedian who “takes the name of the Lord in vain”
Gervais was mocking the creation, the fact that Eve comes out of Adam’s rib and finally the curse on the snake, which has to crawl on his belly forever.
At this stage, I still stay somewhere on the fence, but as I try and study some famous Christian authors, light may descend upon me.
CS Lewis, Saint Augustine and other are on a list that may help me reach …
Ecstasy
Today, a Jewish woman told me that the Archangel Michael showed himself to her.
And she is a smart, clever and down to earth woman.
Which means that all is possible.
And I may find God.
Insh’Allah!
Comentarii
Trimiteți un comentariu