Despre Minciuna aka About Lying by Gabriel Liiceanu, one of the most important intellectuals, luminaries, I was going to say in our realm, but then I realized he has universal stature, and then if we think of the leaders of America today, well, then he is towering above those from very high…you could visit my blog, for more reviews of works of this and other authors https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html

 

Despre Minciuna aka About Lying by Gabriel Liiceanu, one of the most important intellectuals, luminaries, I was going to say in our realm, but then I realized he has universal stature, and then if we think of the leaders of America today, well, then he is towering above those from very high…you could visit my blog, for more reviews of works of this and other authors https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html

 

10 out of 10

 

Gabriel Liiceanu https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2023/11/dialoguri-de-duminica-o-introducere-in.html is the epitome of The Renaissance Man, at least what I understand of that: he is a philosopher, but also engaged in the arena, more recently talking about the failures of our president, he is also a general manager…

 

At least I think that is his position at our most important printing house, Humanitas, if it has not changed in the meantime – I even wanted to invite him at our house, ergo falling into the ludicrous position described by his friend and the other most important intellectual of the land, Andrei Plesu, in his stories about bizarre people-

He gets invited, once by this woman, who said something along the lines of ‘my husband likes you so much, maybe you come to his birthday’ https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/07/obscenitatea-publica-by-andrei-plesu.html I did not see it quite that way, it was in 2002, or maybe one year later, when we lived in Rosenau

 

Gabriel Liiceanu, Andrei Plesu and others were lecturing nearby, in Brasov, and I wanted to offer to invite them to stay at our house, on the brink of the forest, drive them around in what was a limousine back then, a Grand Cherokee, and that would allow me to listen to the conversation of the Gods of culture, if they accepted…

Now About Lying: it is a tour de force, starting in antiquity, Sophocles https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2024/03/oedipus-rex-by-sophocles-translated-by.html is most important for the analysis made in the first part, later, we read about more recent history, from Carol I to communism

 

King Carol, I seems to be the most important historical figure, and paradoxically, a German did more than all the rest to change this country, for the better, we could take Ceausescu and say that he had a bigger impact, only this monster brought the nation to calamity, like in that dark joke, the capitalists brought the country on the brink of the abyss, and we will take a great leap forward – I am proud to say I took part in the revolution

It is dismissed as a conspiracy, but I feel it was real, and then stolen by the neo-communists http://realini.blogspot.com/2022/03/realini-in-newsweek-participant-in.html speaking of conspiracy, this is the big problem and it is all About Lying in some quarters, such as MAGA land, it is disgusting how they are defined by Lying

 

Indeed, the world (what used to be the free part) is led by the ultimate Confidence Man https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/confidence-man-making-of-donald-trump.html the epitome of The Liar, this man is sick, there is that recording where he talks about Unabomber, and how his uncle (‘great man, professor at MIT’) told him about the fellow, student there and much more along those lines, and we find that this was nonsense, and furthermore, something totally useless: why would anyone lie about something like that? And could one vote for such a scoundrel to become president? Unbelievable

 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish