Despre Fericirea Uitata a Vietii aka About The Forgotten Happiness of Life by Andrei Plesu – one of the greatest thinkers in the world, although he does not seem to exist on The Greatest Books of All Time, when I search for him there, they list Andrei Tarkovsky, granted, a formidable director, but they must improve that algorithm – you may want to visit my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html

 

Despre Fericirea Uitata a Vietii aka About The Forgotten Happiness of Life by Andrei Plesu – one of the greatest thinkers in the world, although he does not seem to exist on The Greatest Books of All Time, when I search for him there, they list Andrei Tarkovsky, granted, a formidable director, but they must improve that algorithm – you may want to visit my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html

 

10 out of 10

 

Andrei Plesu https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2023/11/toleranta-si-intolerabilulcriza-unui.html should have been the president of the USA, albeit as I write this, I smile and say to myself that anybody else should be that leader, expect the one they have – perhaps we must exclude those who are really crazier, few would be eliminated, but still…

 

I was quite upset a few days ago, when I saw that a compatriot is quite critical of Andrei Plesu, who is much like Socrates, a symbol of beatitude, an inspiration, role model, nec plus ultra – this woman is competing with yours truly for some leading positions on Goodreads, which makes the rejection even more serious.

Furthermore, I discovered that she does not like some book by Andrei Plesu, while liking her ‘review’, which means this has to be a mea culpa…I thought to unlike those lines, I may still do it, https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/03/influence-psychology-of-persuasion.html I have to consult Influence again

 

Influence is a psychology classic by Robert Cialdini, who lists Reciprocity as one of the Six Principles, in other words, this is what we do on Goodreads and other social networks, somebody ‘likes’ something we did, posted, and then we do the same – which makes me sad, in a way, now, for it crossed my mind how futile this is

And everything else, unless we return to Seneca, or other stoics, maybe Marcus Aurelius and remember that we ‘must be happy with what we have https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/the-tao-of-seneca-by-seneca-one-of.html this is a good exercise, in that writing uses another part of the brain, also, we heal better

 

 

Andrei Plesu is not just a phenomenal thinker, philosopher, essayist, analyst, he also has a fabulous sense of humor, he inserts in his analysis examples of situations that are often hilarious, this one is more complex: Constantin Noica used to tell disciples, all sorts of humans that demanded his attention, time, support:

‘Draga, I have only about 736 days left, is your demand worth a few of those?’ some words to that effect https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/07/book-of-wisdom-by-constantin-noica.html and to think that at some stage, I was about to invite the philosopher to stay at our house in Rosenau, if he thinks it would be better than a hotel, when he was in Brasov…

 

The How of Happiness https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/the-how-of-happiness-by-sonja.html by Sonja Lyubomirsky in another stupendous oeuvre on the subject, I tend to utter some of the rules from there daily: be grateful, get involved, avoid social comparison – ‘Wealth - any income that is at least one hundred dollars more a year than the income of one's wife's sister's husband.’  The last is a quote from HL Mencken

 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish