Asya by Ivan Turgenev – Fathers and Sons is ranked 175th on The Greatest Books of all Time site, Ivan Turgenev was one of the greatest writers of Russia, and the world…you find reviews, including of oeuvres by this and other Russian authors on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html
Asya by Ivan
Turgenev – Fathers and Sons is ranked 175th on The Greatest Books of
all Time site, Ivan Turgenev was one of the greatest writers of Russia, and the
world…you find reviews, including of oeuvres by this and other Russian authors
on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html
9 out of 10
Ivan
Turgenev https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/03/the-counting-house-by-ivan-turgenev-is.html is one of my favorite authors,
indeed, I like him more than the ‘superstar’ Leo Tolstoy, especially since I
have read about their relationship, the shenanigans, Tolstoy’s misbehavior, to
say the least, up to the last moment
While
Tolstoy refused to improve, legalize the status of his illegitimate children, Ivan
Turgenev was much more of a noble – noblesse oblige by the way – the two had quarreled,
but Leo Tolstoy refused to make amends, even when his former friend was dying,
or at least this is how this version has stuck in my mind, maybe I am wrong
The
conclusion would be to concentrate on the work, but this is just that sort of
example, extracted from Intellectuals https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/03/the-counting-house-by-ivan-turgenev-is.html by Paul Johnson, where I gather that
I could select writers like Turgenev, wonderful with the pen, but also decent
in real life
‘Tolstoy
considered Asya, written in 1858, one of Turgenev's two best stories, along
with First Love’, and it is enchanting, if tragic, Asya is seventeen, when she
falls in love with the narrator, although I am skeptical: is this infatuation,
or what we call love, could that happen, when one is a teenager, or it is just
the right age?
‘Desire is
death’ we find this in a sonnet of William Shakespeare’s https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/the-sonnets-by-shakespeare-is-supposed.html and I googled to see what I find,
the results where not the sonnet I know by heart, but references to Sigmund
Freud and others
This is such
an extraordinary thing, to admire so many mesmerizing Russians, and yet be appalled
by Putin, and the majority that still seem to support him, admittedly,
majorities are acting crazy in established democracies, from (the once
greatest) America, with its MAGA cult of the orange idiot, to my land, where
another fool may win next time
After I
finish this note, I will listen to an interview in The Economist, I have
started it and Yuval Harari https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/homo-deus-brief-history-of-tomorrow-by.html talks about the near future, just
like in his outstanding books, and we will be taken over by AI, if we do not
react quickly
He was also
funny, when commenting on Elon Musk, who said the same thing, AI will rule the
world, but then went on to lament immigration in 20 years, and Harari was spot
on: ‘why do you worry about that issue, if humankind has lost control’, words
to that effect, indeed it is so absurd https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/nexus-by-yuval-harari-one-of-greatest.html
Comentarii
Trimiteți un comentariu