In Intimitatea Secolului 19 by Ioana Parvulescu is an excellent book – you find thousands of reviews on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html and YouTube channel

 

In Intimitatea Secolului 19 by Ioana Parvulescu is an excellent book – you find thousands of reviews on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html and YouTube channel

 

10 out of 10

 

Ioana Parvulescu is most likely the most important female luminary in our land, and she would be able to ‘compete’ with any intellectual elsewhere, this work is a proof of her talent, she brings readers in The Intimacy of The Nineteenth Century, which would be the approximate, maybe even the correct translation of the title

 

She has worked at Humanitas https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/10/sebastian-mon-frerescrisoare-catre-un.html and she is one of the national elites, along Gabriel Liiceanu, Andrei Plesu, she is a professor of Romanian Literature at the University, she had been an editor at Romania Literara, and…I used to see her often

Which means she most likely lives downtown, anyway, the University is there, just like Humanitas, what was a bit (maybe not) funny was that I inclined my head as a sign of homage, admiration, and the professor and author was confused, thinking maybe she knows, and I am just what might be called a fan, I think I said that

 

The Intimacy of The Nineteenth Century stars with an impressive introduction ‘the nineteenth century is another planet’, indeed, also, ‘you need a spirit of adventure’, though I must say that I was thinking about the first part  https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/finding-shocking-details-from-peril-by.html

My feeling is that we are going back to that ‘other planet’, not in that we are eliminating technological advances, we must be grateful for those, also the discoveries in medicine, plumbing, transportation, communication, and so many other fields, it is just that in terms of politics, wars, we have the ones in Ukraine, Iran

 

Furthermore, populists are on the rise, there is the Orange Idiot in what used to be The White House (he demolished part of it, and made a kitsch of much of the rest, plus, he keeps pushing for a massive, perhaps disgusting ballroom) and in France, they may have to choose between the far right Le Pen and the stupid Mélenchon

I place Ioana Parvulescu above Mircea Cartarescu https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/10/irish-coffee-by-mircea-cartarescu.html despite the fact that the latter is acclaimed as the best writer we have in our realm, and he is frequently mentioned as a worthy candidate for the Nobel Prize for Literature, de gustibus…

 

One podcast offered me the chance to listen to Ioana Parvulescu talk about history, literary figures in particular, and it was a happy experience, I have learned about Mihail Sebastian https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/10/the-star-without-name-by-mihail.html his life, the anti semitism he had to endure, and much more

 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin