The Social Network written by Aaron Sorkin and Ben Mezrich was the 2011 Winner of The Oscar for Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay, and it is an excellent motion picture…you find thousands of notes on films from The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made and other lists on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html and YouTube channel

 

The Social Network written by Aaron Sorkin and Ben Mezrich was the 2011 Winner of The Oscar for Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay, and it is an excellent motion picture…you find thousands of notes on films from The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made and other lists on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html and YouTube channel

 

9 out of 10

 

I was exulting https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/the-social-network-by-aaron-sorkin.html when I first saw The Social Network, in part due to the fact that Mark Zuckerberg was not yet the villain he is today, and not only for the under signed, if only seeing his turnaround in support of Trump, the obnoxious things happening at Meta, etc.

 

The film was on a television program last night, and I watched maybe half of it again, it is captivating, wonderful film making, I could not give it 10 out of 10, because of the aforementioned reason, it is the story of one of the villains of our time, intelligent, yes, but one needs ‘all the virtues’, at least this is how I remembered the quote

‘The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world, is to be in reality what we would appear to be, all human virtues increase and strengthen themselves by the practice and experience of them.’ https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/04/socrates-in-90-minutes-by-paul-strathern.html Socrates said that

 

We see Mark Zuckerberg in his Harvard days, and while he is facing demands for financial compensation, he is somewhat likeable, but that is because of the acting, evidently, the screenplay is wondrous and does not show just one side of the human being, furthermore, he was young, and most likely not as insufferable as he is now

A belated spoiler alert, if one is still reading at this point, I must admit to my bias, mea culpa, the MAGA world calls this derangement syndrome, the idea that I see their orange idol as one of the most revolting creatures on earth, considering the damage he has done, and will still do, this is not hyperbole, not for yours truly

 

Jesse Eisenberg https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/the-squid-and-whale-written-and.html is one of the greatest thespians of our time (and ever, come to think of it) he showed his talent at a very early stage, from The Squid and The Whale, and now he is a phenomenal director, his The Debut is seen as an Oscar contender

He makes Zuckerberg digestible, and I have read that he refused to come back in the sequel, wherein the role of the Meta tycoon will be taken by Jeremy Strong, the association of the Facebook founder with the Orange Ghoul makes me sick, yes, I see that they all have to get on the wagon, to prevent damage to their businesses

 

Notwithstanding that, once they have hundreds of billions, or even more than a trillion, in the case of weird Musk, they surely could show some stamina, courage, alas, they seem ruthless, immoral, greedy, the quote from Wall Street https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/wall-street-written-by-stanley-weiser.html comes to mind: ‘greed is good’

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin