Vassa Zheleznova by Maxim Gorky has only four reviews (now five) on Goodreads, and only 52 (53 with this) ratings, furthermore, it does not exist on The Greatest Books of All Time site, which may have some twenty thousand entries or more, although I have found myself at odds with the algorithm they use – you have a few thousand of my reviews here https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html
Vassa
Zheleznova by Maxim Gorky has only four reviews (now five) on Goodreads, and
only 52 (53 with this) ratings, furthermore, it does not exist on The Greatest
Books of All Time site, which may have some twenty thousand entries or more,
although I have found myself at odds with the algorithm they use – you have a few
thousand of my reviews here https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html
9 out of 10
George
Constatin https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/11/the-marriage-proposal-by-anton-chekhov.html was the greatest thespian that I
know, better than Jack Nicholson, to name just one, maybe the next most
formidable competitor, and he makes Vassa Zheleznova worthwhile, at least the
version I saw
Otherwise,
this is a modest offering, from what was not the best Russian creator, never
mind looking at the world at large – these are personal views, ergo stop here,
for you may find other utterings offensive, maybe I remember MAGA, Orange
Caligula, Putin, and then merde will show on the page – even if the main
character has…character
Mother by
Maxim Gorky https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/mother-by-maxim-gorky-nine-out-of-10.html is supposed to be one of The 1,000
Novels Everyone Must Read, and it might be, only I am biased, first, there is
this war in Ukraine which a majority of Russians still seem to support, even it
is getting harder even for them
Ukraine has
been attacking with multiple drones, and the Russians have casualties, see explosions
far from the front, even in the Moscow area, but this is nothing to compare
with the atrocities suffered by the victims, the Ukrainians, and it will be a
horrible winter, seeing as they have no interceptors, or few left, and the
missiles will create a carnage
The Russians
have always had an impressive elite https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/mother-by-maxim-gorky-nine-out-of-10.html humanity will always admire Fyodor
Dostoevsky, Leo Tolstoy, Nikolai Gogol, Anton Chekhov, and many others, despite
the fact that most of their rulers have been Terrible, like that Ivan
Vassa
Zheleznova is a very strong woman, we might think of MeToo avant la lettre, she
has to manage the household, face the fact that her older husband has been
accused, she can be tough, or mean, depending on how you look at it, one
servant asks for more personnel, and Vassa denies the request, with acrimony
Wake up
earlier, do more, is her demand, now, the two female actors made me think of
the days after the revolution https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html in which I lose no occasion to boast
that I participated, the actress playing Vassa was Florina Cercel…
I was a
visitor in her house, but the servant girl meant much more to me, she may be
the reason why I quote Shakespeare ‘my reason, angry that his prescriptions are
not kept has left me, and now I desperately now approve Desire is death…’ https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/the-sonnets-by-shakespeare-is-supposed.html
Comentarii
Trimiteți un comentariu