Slumdog Millionaire written by Simon Beaufoy and Vikas Swarup, directed by Danny Boyle won eight Oscars in 2009, including for Best Motion Picture of the Year, Best Achievement in Directing and Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay, nevertheless, this is a film that I don’t like, so that should be the whole ‘review’…you find thousands of notes on films from The New York times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html and YouTube page

 

Slumdog Millionaire written by Simon Beaufoy and Vikas Swarup, directed by Danny Boyle won eight Oscars in 2009, including for Best Motion Picture of the Year, Best Achievement in Directing and Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay, nevertheless, this is a film that I don’t like, so that should be the whole ‘review’…you find thousands of notes on films from The New York times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html and YouTube page

 

 

6 out of 10

 

Trainspotting https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/trainspotting-based-on-novel-by-irvine.html directed by Danny Boyle was incredible, 127 hours and Shallow Grave were also excellent, I am not crazy about 28 Years Later, and as for Slumdog Millionaire, I will have to reiterate what I said above: rather pretentious.

 

Therefore, ‘the rest is silence’, just like William Shakespeare said, this is the end of the note, in what has to do with the winner of eight Oscars – including Best Motion Picture, Director and Screenplay and tell me why – clearly the Best Picture the I hate, instead of at least respect, they should have picked Milk, maybe The Reader

‘There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so’ is also from Hamlet https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/05/hamlet-by-william-shakespeare-is-one-of.html so I should look for whatever positive elements there are and take those, discarding the petty, subjective, prejudiced judgements

 

Notwithstanding those incentives, Dev Patel is one of those thespians that make me avoid the oeuvre, I have an allergy, or more like it, he feels phony for me, which of course he is, he is playing a character, it is not a reality television segment, but “De gustibus non disputandum est”, or maybe it is going back to Diderot

He has an oeuvre on acting, somebody told me they study this in acting school, at least here, and I thought it is the quintessence https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/04/jacques-le-fataliste-by-denis-diderot.html a thespian has to use his head, not allow emotions to take over, it is not about ‘feeling’, but thinking

 

There is also the matter of deciding in seconds, forming an opinion in under one minute, called The Thin Slicing Theory, probably going back to our ancestors, there was the Fight or Flight option, they did not have time to ponder over outcomes, those who spent too much time musing did not transmit their genes

Blink https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/blink-power-of-thinking-without.html explains how this works, a classic of psychology by Malcolm Gladwell, where you find The Harding Effect, the story of the Kuros, mistakes made in such circumstances, the aircraft carrier Vincennes, and other many examples

 

Thinking Fast and Slow https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/06/thinking-fast-and-slow-by-daniel.html and The Paradox of Choice came to mind, the latter because of the categories Maximizer and Satisfizer: we should appreciate what is very good, on the other hand, there is Schopenhauer “One can never read too little of bad, or too much of good books: bad books are intellectual poison; they destroy the mind.” True for movies as well

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin