Mary, Queen of Scots by John Hale is an interesting, if not overwhelming narrative – you have thousands of reviews of magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time, The Modern Library’s Best 100 Novels and other lists on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html

 

Mary, Queen of Scots by John Hale is an interesting, if not overwhelming narrative – you have thousands of reviews of magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time, The Modern Library’s Best 100 Novels and other lists on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html

 

7 out of 10

 

Elizabeth https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/elizabeth-by-michael-hirst-10-out-of-10.html is a much better version of the same story – I now think about…what I think: it is a funny, and accurate description of what happens when we write, it is in the article from the latest issue of The Economist, looking at how AI is affecting writing, seeing as more and more humans use…non-humans to communicate

 

Mary, Queen of Scots centers on the unfortunate monarch, who lost her life -no need for a spoiler alert, for this all happened centuries ago – in a gruesome manner, if I have this piece right, they could not behead her in the ‘proper, quick way’, and the executioner – I was going to use hangman, but I checked – had to do it again

‘Historian: an unsuccessful novelist.’ This is what the hilarious, fantastic H.L. Mencken https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/12/the-american-credo-by-h-l-mencken-and.html said and we have to wonder where the line is drawn, between fiction and what historians make up, at least according to H.L. Mencken

 

My favorite was Elizabeth, ergo I am biased, and do not really like Mary, even if she is portrayed by the respectable Vanessa Redgrave in the motion picture Mary, Queen of Scots Elizabeth I was one of the greatest leaders of Britain, and the world, if we look at what we have today, we must certainly regret the formidable Elizabeth

My favorite – albeit, here we come to the opposition between famous and infamous, highlighted by Magister Ludi Kingsley Amis – reference is the Orange Moron https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/confidence-man-making-of-donald-trump.html pathetic, if not alone in being lamentable

 

The British royals have a bad period, what with this earl, Diana’s brother, publishing a sort of memoir and attacking the king, who allegedly said ‘Diana will soon be forgotten’, and what a scandal this created, as if it were not true, I am thinking what I think about – I repeat the idea from above, when we write, we think about what we think:

There is phenomenon called Hedonic Adaptation, explained in https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/02/stumbling-on-happiness-by-david-gilbert.html Stumbling on Happiness by Harvard Professor Daniel Gilbert, the point being we adapt to almost anything, even if it takes some time

 

Another great oeuvre that comes to mind is https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/04/the-madness-of-king-george-written-by.html where we have another royal figure, who gets, well, mad, and then he loses America, I am using hyperbole here, and again: seeing what Americans elect, the MAGA even worship, maybe we should say good riddance, at least in all that has to do with this cult of the Orange monkey

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin