Belles Lettres Papers by Charles Simmons is one of The 1,000 Novels Everyone Must Read, albeit it is only 6353rd on The Greatest Books of All Time site – you find a few thousand reviews of magnum opera from these and other lists on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html Newbold Press has a successor: Orange Caligula

 

Belles Lettres Papers by Charles Simmons is one of The 1,000 Novels Everyone Must Read, albeit it is only 6353rd on The Greatest Books of All Time site – you find a few thousand reviews of magnum opera from these and other lists on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html

Newbold Press has a successor: Orange Caligula

10 out of 10

 

I have been ecstatic https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/07/the-belles-lettres-papers-by-charles.html when I first read Belles Lettres Papers and it was been enchanting to re discover the mirth, hilarity of some of the passages, gems like ‘a degree from Willaim and Harry’, the list of the twenty-five best American writers

 

Indeed, I have been consulting the list of The Greatest Books of All Time, I read oeuvres, sometimes chefs d’oeuvres from The 1,000 Novels Everyone Must Read and other sites, now I see that the GOAT even has suggestions, one was more than relevant, Balzac Human Comedy, the other appears strange: The Stoner

The Belles Lettres is a comedy, it is in this section on the 1,000 Novels Everyone Must Read list, and the name of a publication that has become the crème de la crème for the literary world, and though it is pure fiction, the events, characters are surely inspired by reality, today we can see people that are the epitome of incompetence

 

https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/confidence-man-making-of-donald-trump.html Newbold Press, the fraud, vile editor from the book has now a replica in The Orange Idiot from what used to be the White House, turned into a construction/demolition site, by one of the most revolting individuals ever seen

this Orange Newbold Press has just mused over changing the Strait of Hormuz to Trump Strait, after renaming the Ontario Lake, Golf of Mexico, posting the other day the list of US presidents: the greatest is his orange highness, great Lincoln, Washington, Roosevelt, failures Biden, Obama, I mean you wouldn’t think this possible, some years ago

 

Anthony Burgess https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2024/11/a-clockwork-orange-by-anthony-burgess.html is the soft reviewer in Belles Lettres Papers, and I looked at my review on the magnificent Clockwork Orange and I was on about The Orange Alex in there, the psychopath, nevertheless, it must be worrying

They would say that this is derangement symptom, only I see this as a symbol of decadence, if these are the leaders we have in the age of progress, well, then maybe AI would deserve taking over, if this is what the hoi polloi vote for, then HL Mencken was right ‘Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.’

 

Both Elon Musk and Yuval Harari seem to agree (with others, surely) that AI will take over in just ten years, Yuval Harari https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2024/09/21-lessons-for-21st-century-by-yuval.html however insists that humanity, its leaders can do something about it, if they act fast, and elections should be about this: AI

 

 

 

 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin