When Breath Becomes Air is The 2016 Winner of The Goodreads Choice Award for Memoir & Autobiography, the finalist for The Pulitzer Prize, Biography or Autobiography, it has about 850,000 ratings on Goodreads, and some 68,000 reviews, an average of 4.41 out of 5 stars, it is just 3186th on The Greatest Books of All Time site, you could visit https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html my blog for more reviews

 

When Breath Becomes Air is The 2016 Winner of The Goodreads Choice Award for Memoir & Autobiography, the finalist for The Pulitzer Prize, Biography or Autobiography, it has about 850,000 ratings on Goodreads, and some 68,000 reviews, an average of 4.41 out of 5 stars, it is just 3186th on The Greatest Books of All Time site, you could visit  https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html my blog for more reviews

 

7 out of 10

 

I thought of Joyce Carol Oates https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/02/the-wheel-of-love-and-other-stories-by.html as I have been reading more of her short stories, and one, Sex With Camel, has some morbid jokes, including one with ‘there are some good news and bad news’, with the question, what bad news?

 

‘They stopped chemotherapy, and the good news? They stopped chemotherapy’ in fact, I am pretty sure that I made a mistake, and said this in the wrong order, it should have been the good news, nevertheless, it is tragic, and this is why this book was not for me, I want comedies, light subjects, well, not necessarily, but tragedy?

No. I mean, I am afraid to call my senior partner to find that the business is struggling still, there has been no profit last year, and then what with the wars in Ukraine, Iran, things get only get better – that was the leitmotif, and the name of a song https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/candide-or-optimist-by-voltaire.html

 

Indeed, I liked Panglossian attitudes, albeit it is preposterous, Panglossian has become the epitome of the foolish man, who believes everything will be fine, even when he needs a plan, ‘we live in the best of worlds’, he repeated that ad nauseam…well, I have a plan, if we get into a serious crisis, we will get on…only fans

This site is massively dependent on porn, but I checked and there are many categories, athletes, etc. so our minuscule show, I sit on my head and the macaws fly on my legs, may get a few people interested in the outré, here it is https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/08/do-you-have-any-suggestions-how-to-make.html

 

I just realized that I have only said When Breath Becomes Air is not for me, and why, but not really talked about the compelling, overwhelming narrative- The Boston Globe wrote that it "possesses the gravity and wisdom of an ancient Greek tragedy." Well, it has been so acclaimed, and then there are 68,000 reviews on Goodreads –

What is the point of this one? None, except I have my chance to put down what I have been thinking, while the honorable doctor learned about his own apocalyptic verdict – actually, suicide is part of the ‘plan’, it is not plan B, perhaps it is not even plan F, but still, it is in the mind, soon, AI might detect such signals, and ring the alarm

 

We have this mate, the Governor, at the club, and he is cynical, when learning about the economic troubles, he insisted that the majority of company will close, and I will sell what I have, see for a few years is it is enough, and if I live beyond this limit, then I will have to take a noose, and hang myself, I am taking a slow path, not watching what I eat, no medical checks for some years Memento Mori, the slave was telling the general in Rome

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin