Adam si Eva by Liviu Rebreanu

 Adam si Eva by Liviu Rebreanu


 

This book has fascinated me about thirty years ago. The question is – how much of that exaltation is left and how I perceive the pronouncements that at the age of eighteen or seventeen made me feel that I had found the Truth.

The book had such an unexpected, yet tremendous effect on me that I kept quoting and thinking about it.

As the title openly displays, it is a book about Adam and Eve, the original couple, their love and descent from paradise, or discovery of earthly heaven, depending on how we look at it.

The author writes about reincarnation, a subject which makes me uneasy, for I share many of the Buddhist beliefs and values, but reincarnation seems somewhat implausible.

There are moments when you see someone who feels so special and familiar, that the only likely explanation seems to be that you have met before. However, upon scrutiny, you both come to understand that it did not happen in “this” life, because you have lived on different continents or hundreds of miles apart. You can reach the conclusion that you met in another life.

There are many references to this in plenty of novels. Rebreanu says that: “the man and the woman are searching for each other…a man is searching for one single woman”

Another reason to call the book Adam and Eve, from the conviction that every one of us is looking for the One, except for the minority who look for Adam multiplied, a gay Adam is looking for …Adam I guess, or will it be an Eve, with feminine qualities, but a different aspect.

 

Rebreanu is referring to the seven lives that some think we have on this planet.

But the idea that was imprinted in my mind is connected with

“Love at first sight”.

I kept explaining to the girls that I met and liked this theory from Adam and Eve:

This love at first sight is not only possible but logical.

In the course of the twenty (then twenty five, thirty and so on) years that we had been around, we have met with various people. We have liked a few, but especially a hair that a girl had, then the eyes of another.

All over the sudden, the hair, the eyes and the whole beautiful being is in front of us. And we feel that we met before, indeed we know we did, because we had met these eyes, this hair and this body.

We loved different elements in the people we had encountered and kept a special place for them.

There was a special passion in my voice when I explained this, the words were probably different, the adrenaline. Oxytocin, endorphins were at extremely high levels and everything worked at maximum levels.

There have been some relationships in which Eve came alive…I think.

Mais où sont les neiges d’antan

 join us at:

 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish