The Killers by Ernest Hemingway is one of The Stories which are ranked 655th on The Greatest Books of All Time site, and furthermore, the adaptation for the big screen from 1946 is one of The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made – I am more a fan of the stories of Hemingway than his more celebrated oeuvres, or magnum opera maybe I should say…you have thousands of reviews of books from The GOAT and other web pages on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html
The Killers by
Ernest Hemingway is one of The Stories which are ranked 655th on The
Greatest Books of All Time site, and furthermore, the adaptation for the big
screen from 1946 is one of The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made – I
am more a fan of the stories of Hemingway than his more celebrated oeuvres, or
magnum opera maybe I should say…you have thousands of reviews of books from The
GOAT and other web pages on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html
9 out of 10
I have
already written a review of The Killers https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/the-killers-by-ernest-hemingway.html one of the Stories of Ernest
Hemingway which are quite high in the hierarchy of The Greatest Books of All
Time, and indeed, they are favored by this reader, who was not elated by A Farewell
to Arms
The Sun Also
Rises was almost a favorite, until I have read it the second time and then it
fell out of my Top 1,000 Favorites – as for The Killers, I am trying to see all
The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made, and the adaptation is included
in there, for good reason, it is an impressive achievement, especially due to
Burt Lancaster
Ava Gardner and
the rest of the cast are formidable, but Lancaster was in a league of his own,
I remember Elmer Gantry https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2026/03/elmer-gantry-by-sinclair-lewis.html just one of his unforgettable roles,
another one would be the leading part in The Leopard, another adaptation of a masterpiece
In a way,
Old ‘Swede’ Anderson reminds me of the hero of another great work of Ernest
Hemingway, maybe the one I prefer, once The Stories are out of the way, The Old
Man and The Sea, where the protagonist ahs to fight the elements, age, sharks, adversities
of life, and although Swede is not at the end of his life…
He seems to
have given up, he loved Kitty Collins aka Ava Gardner in the motion picture and
seeing as he had been betrayed, he is now resigned, ready to die- indeed, come
to think of it Santiago https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2024/08/the-old-man-and-sea-by-ernest-hemingway.html fights, while the Swede is knocked
down
The main
reason why I keep the distance from Hemingway now, may rest with a book that
has looked at luminaries that are among the most venerated by humanity and
found that they were quite despicable in their personal life – Jean Jacques
Rousseau has abandoned his children, and he had many, though I forgot the
number…
At the door
of the orphanage, Leo Tolstoy, Henrik Ibsen and Ernest Hemingway are among the
ones analyzed in Intellectuals https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/intellectuals-by-paul-johnson.html by Paul Johnson in his great oeuvre,
we need to separate between the author and the human being, but then what if I
cannot?
Nevertheless,
this was an excellent story, and the motion picture adapted from it, so I may keep
the good feeling about the Stories, eventually, The Old Man and The Sea, and
avoid reading again https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2024/12/a-farewell-to-arms-by-ernest-hemingway.html A Farewell to Arms
Comentarii
Trimiteți un comentariu