Love & Other Drugs written and directed by Edward Zwick is a romantic comedy that had two Golden Globe nominations in 2011, for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical, Anne Hathaway, nevertheless, it is not an outstanding feature – you have thousands of notes on films from The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made and other sites on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html and YouTube channel, where you see my resplendent macaws
Love &
Other Drugs written and directed by Edward Zwick is a romantic comedy that had
two Golden Globe nominations in 2011, for Best Performance by an Actor in a
Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Best Performance by an
Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical, Anne Hathaway, nevertheless,
it is not an outstanding feature – you have thousands of notes on films from
The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made and other sites on my blog https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html and YouTube channel, where you see
my resplendent macaws
7 out of 10
I like Jake
Gyllenhaal, best known perhaps for Brokeback Mountain https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2024/02/brokeback-mountain-by-annie-proulx.html and I am also a fan of his sister, Maggie,
her reading of The Bell Jar is one of the best performances in audiobooks that
I know of
Nevertheless,
Love & Other Drugs is not outstanding, although it is not bad either, maybe
a pleasant entertainment, despite the fact that the leads have both been
nominated for the Golden Globes for Best Actor and Actress respectively, and
the rather unimpressive Metascore, which is just 55 out of 100, in the yellow,
warning zone
I was
wondering if there is chemistry between the two protagonists, and I think there
is some magic, anyway, we see the naked, beautiful young woman having sex,
well, both lovers, in various settings, Maggie Murdock is portrayed by Anne
Hathaway https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/rachel-getting-married-written-by-jenny.html
She has won
the Oscar for her supporting role in the adaptation of Victor Hugo’s Les Misérables
– I think it is the most recent, there are maybe more than ten in all – for
various reasons, she was not a popular thespian, I wonder where she stands now,
she is one of the cast of the recently released and impressive Odyssey
Anne
Hathaway is Penelope, and I just checked, the feature is now the 59th
top rated movie, the Metascore is 89, analysts say it is on track to pass the
one billion dollars mark at the box office, despite the fact that The Economist
calls is a silly movie… https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/07/diary-of-mad-diva-by-joan-rivers.html
In the
outrageous, but funny Diary of A Mad Diva Joan Rivers is very harsh on Anne
Hathaway, and indeed, I now remember the excruciating Oscar Ceremony, where she
was a host with a male partner, I have forgotten who it was, for good reason,
it was a shambles…back to Love & Other Drugs, I will just repeat that it is
nice, but not fabulous
Still, this
is supposed to be a comedy, and if ‘romantic’, I am not sure where the supposed
humor was…oh, yes, here is a sample – Jamie aka Jake Gyllenhaal is talking
about this young attractive woman, passing by, he calls her Jennie, I think,
and explains to his colleague that he does not know her name, and keeps saying
Jennie
He is
something of a Casanova https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/06/memoirs-of-casanova-by-giacomo-casanova.html and the point is that this Galatea will
eventually come to him, and state her correct name, is this jocular, amusing, I
am tempted to quote Groucho Marx, who exited a party saying: ‘thank you, I had
a wonderful time, only not this time’
Comentarii
Trimiteți un comentariu