Rudyard Kipling by George Orwell is the fourteenth of The Essays that you find in the 917th place on The Greatest Books of All Time site, where Nineteen Eighty Four is sixth, although I was reading in The Economist that The Da Vinci code is the twelfth best known work or thereabouts, and Nineteen Eighty Four is 81st, close to Jane Eyre, in other words, a silly work is popular and magnum opera are becoming irrelevant, why wonder the free world has Orange Woland at the top? Nevertheless, you find more than five thousand reviews of masterpieces from this GOAT and other lists, along with films from The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made on my blog and YouTube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/02/is-this-unique-could-it-make-money.html
Rudyard
Kipling by George Orwell is the fourteenth of The Essays that you find in the
917th place on The Greatest Books of All Time site, where Nineteen
Eighty Four is sixth, although I was reading in The Economist that The Da Vinci
code is the twelfth best known work or thereabouts, and Nineteen Eighty Four is
81st, close to Jane Eyre, in other words, a silly work is popular
and magnum opera are becoming irrelevant, why wonder the free world has Orange
Woland at the top? Nevertheless, you find more than five thousand reviews of masterpieces
from this GOAT and other lists, along with films from The New York Times’ Best 1,000
Movies Ever Made on my blog and YouTube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/02/is-this-unique-could-it-make-money.html
9 out of 10
If https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/01/if-by-rudyard-kipling-one-of-most.html by Rudyard Kipling is one of my
favorite poems, albeit I have seen a comedian take it and give it a different,
mirthful meaning
The thespian
gave some quotes from If: ‘If you can keep your head when all about you Are
losing theirs and blaming it on you…’ and concluded that if this is the case,
then you should have your head examined, which is both jesting and some good
advice, unless of course, those around you are MAGA, which mans they are crazy,
or perverse
I assume
nobody is reading this far into the note – people do not read the chefs
d’oeuvre, so why would they bother with this nonsense, I hope you are not still
here, for if you were, it does not say good things about you…nor about me, for
that matter – so maybe I can say what I think about this orange ghoul with
impunity
Last time
around, I was kicked off Goodreads, and I suspect that some of the MAGA folks
flagged me for the disdain I have for this Goodfella https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/08/goodfellas-based-on-book-by-nicholas.html he is not even funny -well, he is
ridiculous – the way Joe Pesci was in that classic scene
I remember I
liked Kim, though I was not overwhelmed by it, and for some reason I do not
find my review of this, either it was Lost (In Translation) or maybe the lack
of exuberance, elation made me ‘forget about it’, in the words of Donnie
Brasco, actually, that was the manner in which the mobsters talked in the movie
There is
also The Jungle Book, which enthused, mesmerized me as a child, but adapted for
the big screen by Disney, with excellent music, Baloo, the great, if vile
tiger, the monkeys that kidnap the poor human child, Bagheera, the black
panther, all with exquisite humor, an experience that I see has stayed with me
to this day
Here is the
note on one of the stories related to The Jungle Book, where Mowgli is the hero
and then we have the brothers in here https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/07/mowglis-brothers-by-rudyard-kipling.html
Rudyard
Kipling appears to have been an ‘imperialist’, as described and criticized by
George Orwell, the latter was vehemently against the empire, he writes that ‘Kipling
is the only English writer of our time who has added phrases to the language’
and one of those is ‘white man’s burden’, which should be changed to the
opposite
The British
in India disliked Kipling, they seem to have thought he is of mixed race, due
to the fact that he was quite dark, and presumably, he did not describe things
as they were, Orwell changes a few lines of Kipling to show how much better
they sound
Now for my
standard closing of the note with a question, and invitation – I am on
Goodreads as Realini Ionescu, at least for the moment, if I keep on expressing
my views on Orange Woland aka TACO, it may be a short-lived presence
Also, maybe
you have a good idea on how we could make more than a million dollars with this
https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/02/is-this-unique-could-it-make-money.html – as it is, this is a unique
technique, which we could promote, sell, open the Oscars show with or something
and then make lots of money together, if you have the how, I have the product,
I just do not know how to get the benefits from it, other than the exercise per
se
There is also the small matter of working for
AT&T – this huge company asked me to be its Representative for Romania and
Bulgaria, on the Calling Card side, which meant sailing into the Black Sea wo
meet the US Navy ships, travelling to Sofia, a lot of activity, using my
mother’s two bedrooms flat as office and warehouse, all for the grand total of
$250, raised after a lot of persuasion to the staggering $400…with retirement
ahead, there are no benefits, nothing…it is a longer story, but if you can help
get the mastodont to pay some dues, or have an idea how it can happen, let me
know
As for my
role in the Revolution that killed Ceausescu, a smaller Mao, there it is http://realini.blogspot.com/2022/03/realini-in-newsweek-participant-in.html
Some
favorite quotes from To The Hermitage and other works
‘Fiction is
infinitely preferable to real life...As long as you avoid the books of Kafka or
Beckett, the everlasting plot of fiction has fewer futile experiences than the
careless plot of reality...Fiction's people are fuller, deeper, cleverer, more
moving than those in real life…Its actions are more intricate, illuminating,
noble, profound…There are many more dramas, climaxes, romantic fulfillment,
twists, turns, gratified resolutions…Unlike reality, all of this you can
experience without leaving the house or even getting out of bed…What's more,
books are a form of intelligent human greatness, as stories are a higher order
of sense…As random life is to destiny, so stories are to great authors, who
provided us with some of the highest pleasures and the most wonderful
mystifications we can find…Few stories are greater than Anna Karenina, that
wise epic by an often foolish author…’
Comentarii
Trimiteți un comentariu