Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

 

Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

 

 

This is a wonderful book and a great pleasure to read. I had been thrilled by Blink, another splendid book by Malcolm Gladwell, and this made me try to read more...

 

This book has a lot of precious expertise, based on studies and facts. I only wish I could convince my daughter to use at least some of it. In Outliers we learn a lot about secrets of success: from Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, The Beatles and many more: the big secret seems to be 10,000 hours of study, which means about 3 hours every day. There is the case of the Asian culture, where the emphasis is on hard work: “if one rises before 5 in the morning, 360 days of the year, the family will be rich”.

 

We are taken to the rice fields, which are the explanation of so much in the Asian mentality. I learned about the results in international competitions, tests- where the Asians, Singapore, Taiwan come not only in front, but with a big lead. They value work; there is no long holiday in the Asian education system, like the three months summer vacations used in other cultures.

 

This is a book which has convinced me to read the other two Gladwell books: The Tipping point and What the Dog Saw.

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice written by Larry Tucker and Paul Mazursky, directed by the latter is included on The New York Times’ Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made list, and Variety has published recently its Top 100 Comedies – or else, I have learned about this lately – where this feature has a top spot, as far as I remember it is higher that the 50th spot – speaking of these pages, you have access to my own more than five thousand notes on films from these and other compilations, together with another five thousand reviews on magnum opera from The Greatest Books of All Time and other sites on my blog and You Tube channel https://realinibarzoi.blogspot.com/2025/09/do-you-have-any-feedback.html you may even subscribe, if you wish

In The Fade aka Auf Dem Nichts, written by Hark Bohm and Fatih Akin