The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine – the book is one of the classics, included on The 50 Psychology Classics list and in the book reviewed by yours truly at https://realini.blogspot.com/2022/11/50-psychology-classics-by-tom-butler.html - 9 out of 10

 

The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine – the book is one of the classics, included on The 50 Psychology Classics list and in the book reviewed by yours truly at https://realini.blogspot.com/2022/11/50-psychology-classics-by-tom-butler.html

 

9 out of 10

 

To summarize from the first few lines – incidentally, few go beyond the first line, and that is what they should do in this space, and get better, expert information by consulting professionals, critics, not those amateur readers, like the under signed – this is a great book, but for me it comes rather late, if not ‘past care’…

 

The last was in fact from a Shakespeare sonnet ‘past cure I am, now reason is past care’, which means I should have read this – if anybody told me about it- about forty-five years ago, or at the latest forty – when I was a teenager, or young adult, so that I could use the formidable information inside, for now, what am I supposed to do with it?

I am sixty and yes, it is always good to learn new things, the brain keeps changing – I got that from another spectacular psychology book The Science of Happiness How Our Brains Make Us Happy and What We Can Do to Get Happier by Stefan Klein -I have a note on this at https://realini.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-science-of-happiness-how-our-brains.html a blog that has changed address in the meantime, but the old reviews are still there

 

It just feels as if I would stop reading to say ‘oh man, why do I get all this now, when it would have been so great to have at least a few of those lines read to me when I was so stupid in this domain’ – on the other hand, I could have done with elementary, basic knowledge on females, getting inside their head would have been the crème de la crème

I have had no notion of female orgasm, need for foreplay, that there is a way around the ‘normal sex’, I only passed beyond virginity at about nineteen, and even then, for many years the sex was and would be for many years unimaginative, basic, and then boom, I would discover cunnilingus, and that opened so many new venues

 

Actually, a spoiler alert would have been required a few lines before, but I will go with what I have said, few, if any have the curiosity to read through this – and why should they – so if we alert them again – they could see for themselves that this is veering into wild territory – and then state that I am exploring what happened many years ago

Under the communist regime, we had access to limited, censored information, and a flood of propaganda, so even if this were not published in 2006, and somehow would have been in print before 1989, I doubt we could get it here, nevertheless, for me, The Female Brain, and the Female altogether was an enigma

 

I would be intimate with some young woman, or teenager, when I was one, but not ‘go all the way’, there was the problem of keeping virginity, required by parents, norms, that retrograde society – not everybody, evidently, but large segments, and at least those I was in contact with – and the lack of imagination, maybe

Later, with some perversity perhaps, I would make every effort to compensate for the aridity, the desert in my sex life up to the age of twenty, and then the dryness of some good years after that, and once I learned about ‘alternative sex’, oral, and in so many cases, women would happily embrace cunnilingus, which is interesting

 

It surely says something, maybe a lot, about The Female Brain here, at that stage – as I look back, it seems to me that we lived in a macho society, we were told that in the house ‘it has to be the rooster who sings, not the hen’, one of those stupid proverbs, which signified that the man is the boss, and the woman obeys

Changing the paradigm is an interesting thing – there is the definition in The Booker Prize Winner Vernon God Little https://realini.blogspot.com/2016/06/vernon-god-little-by-dbc-pierre-divine.html by DBC Pierre - I liked it so much, I have a shirt on which the name is printed – and I think I did some of that paradigm changing

 

So, in discussion, I would present my own ‘psychological test’, in which we would be on an island, my partner and I, and then it is a bit of a story there, with why, what happens, the background, but since we do not have the time and space ever, let me cut through the chase and reach the climax, where I start kissing her

In the imagination, in that test, which we talk about to see if, we have any reactions, what would be those, is there compatibility, is there an impulsive rejection, etc., so I kiss her, and then – we are on the island, right – I kiss her all over, so we now can see if there is some interest, or else a rejection, stung disapproval

 

The rate with which the ‘dream’ was embraced was astonishing – well, maybe not so, after all, I was the boyfriend of Miss Romania for nearly one year, so not such a bad choice – and now I am trying to guess what that meant, and I think it is because of what I have mentioned above, the paradigm change, from the demanding chauvinist, to the adulatory male

Instead of proposing to ‘receive attention, submission’, this fellow was ‘offering oral pleasure’ just like Maria de Medeiros tells Bruce Willis in the quintessential Pulp Fiction, and that was more than enticing, they would just go for it, even in some outré circumstances, such as the Students’ Park, a place by the lake, where people went to lay in the sun, and which had changing cubicles, ready to receive those exploring, consenting adults – a few words about the alleged subject of the note, it is more than interesting to find how different the Female Brain is, in the context of equality, with the normal attitude, but we still have to consider science, and the reality that we are so unlike each other, enjoying all the same rights…

 

Now for my standard closing of the note with a question, and invitation – maybe you have a good idea on how we could make more than a million dollars with this http://realini.blogspot.com/2022/02/unique-in-world.html?q=unique+in+the+world – as it is, this is a unique technique, which we could promote, sell, open the Oscars show with or something and then make lots of money together, if you have the how, I have the product, I just do not know how to get the befits from it, other than the exercise per se

 

 There is also the small matter of working for AT&T – this huge company asked me to be its Representative for Romania and Bulgaria, on the Calling Card side, which meant sailing into the Black Sea wo meet the US Navy ships, travelling to Sofia, a lot of activity, using my mother’s two bedrooms flat as office and warehouse, all for the grand total of $250, raised after a lot of persuasion to the staggering $400…with retirement ahead, there are no benefits, nothing…it is a longer story, but if you can help get the mastodont to pay some dues, or have an idea how it can happen, let me know

 

As for my role in the Revolution that killed Ceausescu, a smaller Mao, there it is http://realini.blogspot.com/2022/03/realini-in-newsweek-participant-in.html

 

Some favorite quotes from To The Hermitage and other works

 

‘Fiction is infinitely preferable to real life...As long as you avoid the books of Kafka or Beckett, the everlasting plot of fiction has fewer futile experiences than the careless plot of reality...Fiction's people are fuller, deeper, cleverer, more moving than those in real life…Its actions are more intricate, illuminating, noble, profound…There are many more dramas, climaxes, romantic fulfillment, twists, turns, gratified resolutions…Unlike reality, all of this you can experience without leaving the house or even getting out of bed…What's more, books are a form of intelligent human greatness, as stories are a higher order of sense…As random life is to destiny, so stories are to great authors, who provided us with some of the highest pleasures and the most wonderful mystifications we can find…Few stories are greater than Anna Karenina, that wise epic by an often foolish author…’

 

‚Parturiunt montes, nascetur ridiculus mus’

 

“From Monty Python - The Meaning of Life...Well, it's nothing very special...Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.”

 

 

Comentarii